About Scott Newton Smith
Scott Newton Smith is one of America’s premier speakers on the Victorious Christian Life.
Scott speaks to thousands every year on topics relevant to leaping forward in the effectiveness as followers of Christ.
While Scott is a steady producer of fresh material, several messages have risen to “most requested” status over the years.
Signature Messages include:
- Obedience in Giving (what has come to be referred to as The Tithing Message)
- Victory Through The Christ-Life
- Breaking Personal Strongholds
- Accessing the Spirit-Filled Life
- Multiple Streams of Stewardship
- Every Member Matters
An Early Conversion
Scott Newton Smith, native of the rural town of Comer, Georgia, (small town just outside Athens) was born on September 29, 1970 into a Christian home to godly parents. Taught the things of the Lord from day one, it was little surprise that at the early age of six he saw his need for Jesus and was saved.
When Scott was ten years of age, he lost his loving father to a heart attack, leaving only his mother, his younger brother and himself. At this early age, God’s grace became real to Scott through that time as he learned firsthand of God’s sufficiency for his family through the faith of his mother.
Throughout Scott’s high school years, God worked mightily as He steadily drew Scott closer to Himself using close friends as well as men of God to disciple him.
On Easter Sunday, 1987, almost exactly ten years after his salvation, Scott gave a spontaneous, passionate, teary-eyed testimony for the Lord Jesus Christ at the end of a worship service in his small country church where he had grown up.
The Lord used that testimony mightily as a reminder to His people of the glory of the resurrection and the magnificent love of our resurrected Lord. This was a milestone in Scott’s life. “It was that day,” Scott relates, “that God began to reveal an unexpected call on my life to preach.” It was not until some time after that day and after several preaching opportunities that Scott totally surrendered his life to that call.
Now, over 20 years after responding to that call, Scott has seen God has open countless doors for Scott to communicate life-changing Truth.
Scott has preached to hundreds of thousands over the last decade, throughout the eastern United States and in countries overseas.
With a heart to help and encourage pastors, in early 2008 Scott partnered with Pastor Joel Southerland to start The Sermonators Podcast for busy pastors. As a part of that program, Scott also does one-on-one coaching with individual pastors to help enhance their preaching effectiveness.
Scott is the creator of The NetConnect Solution, a ground-breaking internet-based outreach tool for the Local Church (available in limited markets; launching soon nationwide).
Scott is also writes and produces valuable home study courses to help believers go “deeper and higher” in their Christian walk.
Education and Family
Scott earned his Master of Divinity degree from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in December of 1995. On March 23, 1996, he married the love of his life and started a family. For eight years they lived on an RV traveling the country together as a family. In 2006, they began to plant more roots in East Tennessee to slow the hectic pace a bit for their family and to broaden their ministry. They believe in, tithe to and attend a local church just as they admonish those to whom they minister.
As Scott seeks to walk with Christ daily, with his family by his side in the ministry, he desires more and more to be used by the Lord to impact as many people as possible for eternity in these last days.
Scott’s Commitment in Serving the Local Church
- There will be no manipulation or manufacturing of results.
- We come to serve and support the local church and the Christian ministries where we are asked to minister.
- We will not promote Scott Newton Smith Ministries, but rather the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We will not be numbers-oriented but people-oriented. No attempts will be made to use your church as a “statistic builder” for this ministry.
- The services will be substantive and biblical.
- My desire is to see what God can do, not what man can produce.
- Our chief concern is long-term benefit primarily, immediate results secondarily.
- There will be no pressured invitations, but a cultivated atmosphere for obedience.
- We will be more focused on inward change than outward response.
- We will believe God with you for genuine impact on the lives of your people.
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary – Wake Forest, NC
Master of Divinity with Languages, 1995
Emmanuel College – Franklin Springs, GA
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Pastoral Ministries; 1992